"Blending colours green and grey
Stemming and rooting everyday
Smiling bees in a honeycomb
Etched in our hearts as home"
- Pallavi Raj Sharma (August, 2018)
- Dr. Gowri Balachander (School of Medicine, National University of Singapore)(Advisers:
AR): Breast Cancer Stem Cells in 3D Tissue Scaffolds
- Dr. Sreenath Balakrishnan (Mechanical Engineering, IIT-Goa)(Advisers:
SD): Investigations into the changes in biomechanics of liver cells upon Hepatitis C Virus infection
- Dr. Rajeev Mudakavi (Ramaiah College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru) (Advisers:
DC): Delivery of Bioactives for Treatment of Infections Diseases.
- Dr. Pradeep Sathyanarayana (Medical School, Harvard University)(Advisers:
SSV): Pore Forming Toxins
- Dr. Puneet Singh (Harvard University) (Advisers:
AM): How Does the Central Nervous System Control Movements?
- Dr. Queeny Dasgupta (Tufts University, Boston)(Advisers:
GM): Novel Polymer-Nanocomposites for Tissue Engineering
- Dr. Akshay Datey (Superwave Technology Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru)(Advisers:
DC): Effect of Shock Waves on Mammalian Cells.
- Anjali Gupta (Advisers: MMV and
VS): GPCR Signalling, Innate Immune Responses, Genetics Microscopy/Imaging, Microfabrication.
- Dr. Sharmistha Naskar (India Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata) (Advisers:
BB and VK): External Electrical Field Stimulated Modulation of Cell Functionality Within Constrained Microchannels.
- Dr. Gaurav Sankhe (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital, New York)(Advisers:
DS): Systems Wide Analysis of Cell Signal towards Improved Combat of Infection Diseases.
- Varsha Vasudevan (Advisers:
AM): Use of Optimal Control Theory to Study Motor Control.
- Taru Verma (Advisers:
DN): Analysis of disease models using light Spectroscopic Studies.
- Aakash Agrawal (Advisers:
SPA): Computational Models of Biological Vision.
- Zinia Mohanta (Advisers:
HSA): Novel Nanomaterials Based Cancer Diagnostics, Imaging and Therapies.
- Ilanila I. P. (Advisers:
KGA): Investigating the artificial Membrane Model Systems for Studying the Dynamics of Lipids in the presence of Different Membrane Proteins.
- Aditi Jain (Advisers:
RS): Understanding Cardiac Failure using Engineered Biomaterials.
- Dr. Paresh Kumar Samantaray (Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Warwick, Fulbright Nehru Postdoctoral Fellow 2020-21 at Caltech)(Advisers: SB and
GM): Polymeric Membranes for Water Purification.
- Nireekshit Addanki Tirumala (Advisers:
GKA and VA): Functional Regulation of Cyctoplasmic Dyein.
- Shivani Yadav (Advisers:
PKG and DG)
: Speech Signal Based Monitoring and Prediction of Health Parameters towards Personalized Medical Device.
- Aritra Chatterjee (Advisers:
and PK): Investigating Mechanobiology Of Fibroblasts under Cyclic Stretching.
- Ratnasri K. (Adviser:
RR): Studying Role of Toxin-Antitoxin Systems In Bacterial Persistence.
- Saurabh Kothari (Advisers:
AM): Development of ANN for Motor Control.
- Preeti Sharma (Adviser: SJ): Protein Decoration of Micro Carrier Surfaces for Improved Radio-Imaging and Drug Delivery Application.
- Jayashree V. (Adviser: SJ): Effect of particle uptake on cell proliferation of phagocytic macrophages, Treatment of aberrant wound healing in foot ulcer of type II diabetes.
- Reshma V.R. (Advisers:
DS): Application of Multifunctional Nanoswimmers for Targeted Cancer Therapy.
- Anil Vishnu (Advisers:
HJP and AR): Electro-Thermo-Mechanical Phenotyping of Cancer: From Onset Through Disease Progression
- Parul Yadav (Advisers:
DS): Cellular senescence in 3D scaffolds.
- Harsh Chhajer (Adviser:
RR): Quantitative modelling of Flavivirus lifecycle
- Ameya Dravid (Adviser:
RA): Delivery of Resolvin carrier for treatment of Osteoarthritis
- Pallavi Sharma (Adviser:
RA): Dry powder micro- and nano- carriers for treatment of tuberculosis
- Alakesh (Adviser: SJ): Estimation of Neutrophils Half Life In Vivo using mouse models
- Divakar Badal (Advisers:
AK and VS) : Mechanistic Insights into Biofilm Formation by Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Neha P (Advisers:
NG and PK)
- Kaamini M D (Adviser:
RA) : Rapamycin PLGA carriers prevent chondrosenescence, induce autophagy -a potential treatment for Osteoarthritis
- Anwesha Barua (Advisers: GKA and SD) : Mechanibiology of Liver Cirrhosis
- Mitali Shah (Adviser: VA)
- Kishore A. S. Shri Hari (Adviser: MKJ) : Mechanisms and Implications of Phentypic Heterogeneity in Cancer Metastasis
- Thiruvickraman Jothiprakasam (Adviser: SJ)
- Vishal Gupta (Adviser: RA) : Designing and in-vitro 3-D Model of Tuberculosis Granuloma
- Subbalakshmi A R (Adviser: MKJ) : Molecula Insights into the Stability and Stemness of Hybrid Epithelial Mesenchymal Phenotype(s)
- Atchuta Srinivas Duddu (Adviser: MKJ) : Operating Principles of Multistable Regulatory Circuits in Cellular Decision Making
- Farhan Adam Mukadam (Adviser: KVSH) : Application of Machine Learning in Crtical Care Management at Hospitals
- Harsh Kumar (Adviser: VA and SSV) : Pore Forming Toxin YaxAB: Mechanistic Aspects of Pore-formation and Cellular Responses Using Single-molecule TIRF Microscopy
- Saswat Choudhury (Adviser: KC)
- Rajesh Yadhav (Adviser: ST and RA) : Development of Nanoparticle-based Influenza Vaccine by Combining Immunogen Targets of both Humoral and Cell-mediated Immunity
- Joel P Joseph (Adviser: VA) :
- Mahatabb Nundy (Adviser: AM) : Dorsal Neck Muscle Activity: An Extrapolation of Cortical Activity During Motor Planning and Learning
- Sameer Kumar Jagirdar (Adviser: SJ) : Engineering Innate Immune Responses Using Nano and Micro-Particulates
- Shivangi Mishra (Adviser: AK and VS)
- Monisha Mohandas (Facility Technologist)
- Dr. Gopalkrishna Hegde (Research Manager)
- Dr. Seshagiri Gaonkar (Veterinarian)
- Dr. Nilkamal Pramanik (PostDoc)
- Dr. Priyanka Padwal (PostDoc)
- Dr. Sudhanshu Shekhar (PostDoc)
- Dr. Akhil Kumar (PostDoc)
- Iti Gauttam (Project Assistant)
- Kajal Sharma (Project Assistant)
- Priyanka Arunachalam (Project Assistant)
- Rebecca Samuel (KIER Project Staff)
- Virta Wagde (Project Assistant)
- Leeba Ann Chacko (JRF)
- Hariharan Varadarajan (Project Assistant)
- Subasini Jayakanthan (Project Assistant)
- Abhirami PS (Undergraduate Final Year Project)
- Kaushik Suneet (Project Assistant)
- Dr. Queeny Dasgupta
- Dr. Akshay Datey
- Dr. Sharmistha Naskar
- Dr. Anjali Gupta
- Dr. Gaurav Sankhe
- Dr. Varsha Vasudevan
- Dr. Taru Verma
- Sakshi Aggarwal (M. Phil Project Student with SJ,
Current Position: Project Assistant, MCBL, IISc [Jul '15 - Jun '16])
- Ganesh B. Pai (Project Assistant with SJ,
Current Position: Scientific Officer C, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre) [Aug '14 - Jun '15]
- Ajay Kulkarni (B.Tech. Project Student with SJ) [Jan '15 - Apr '15]
- Jerrin Mathew Thankachan (JRF with VA,
Current Position: PhD Student, MCBL, IISc) [Jul '15 - Jul '16]
- Pranav Tiwari (Project Assistant with SJ,
Current Position: PhD Student, IIT Indore) [Aug '15 - Jun '16]
- Keerthi N. S. (Project Assistant with SJ),
Current Position: M.Tech Student, IIT Madras) [Oct '17 - Nov '17; Mar '18 - Jul '18]
- Manjyot Kaur Chug (Project Assistant with SJ),
Current Position: PhD Student, University of Central Florida) [Jan '17 - May '18]
- Sachin Latiyan (Project Assistant with SJ),
Current Position: PhD Student, IIT Madras) [Jan '17 - May '18]
- Ashwini Ravi (Project Assistant with VA,
Current Position: PhD Student, Bangalore University) [Jul '15 - Jul '17]
- Stephen Sukumar (Research Assistant with VA,
Current Position: PhD Student, Justus Liebig Universitat, Germany) [Jul '16 - Jul '17]
- Rishabh Singh (Research Assistant with VA,
Current Position: M.Tech Student, Boston University) [Jul '17 - Jun '18]
- Kritika Mehta (JRF with VA,
Current Position: PhD Student, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) [Jul '17 - Jul '18]
- Dr. Tirthankar Sengupta (Research Associate with VA
) [Sep '16 - Nov '17]
- Reshma Raj (Project Assistant with VA
) [Aug '17 - Aug '18]
- Anand Sankar (Project Assistant with VA
) [Aug '17 - Sep '18]
- Varsha Neelakantan (Intern with SJ) [Dec '16 – May '17]
- Vinidhra Shankar (Intern with SJ) [Dec '16 – May '17]
- Pallavi Tandon (Intern with SJ) [Jan '17 – April '17]
- Mekhla Singhania (Intern with SJ) [Jun '16]
- Amoolya Girish (Intern with VA) [Sep '16 - Dec '16]
- Chriset Jayaraj (Intern with RA) [May '18]
- Lakshay Sethi (Intern with RA) [Feb '18 - Jun '18]
- Milind Singh (Intern with VA) [May '15 - Jun '15]
- Parth Sharma (Intern with VA) [May '17]
- Manish Ayushman (Intern with VA) [May '17 - Jul '17]
- Keval Pandya (Intern with VA) [May '17]
- Aditya Jeevannavar (Intern with VA) [May '18 - Jul '18]
- Elsa Barron, University of Notre Dame, USA (with VA) [Jun '18 - Aug '18]
- Kayla Huemer, University of Wisconsin (with GKA)) [Jun '16
- Sep '16]
Committee of Full Professors
Department Curriculum Committee