Apply through http://www.iisc.ac.in/admissions/
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering/Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science (four-year degree) with minimum of two Mathematics courses in the undergraduate programme
- MSc or equivalent degree in any branch of Science with minimum of two Mathematics courses in either BSc or MSc
- Medical degree at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in any specialization; Mathematics in 12th standard is preferred.
- Applicants should have taken one of the following National Examinations (and will be called for an interview based on that year’s cut-off)
- CSIR / UGC-NET
- Applicants should have an INSPIRE fellowship
- Applicants should have a M. Tech. or M. E. degree, OR a medical degree (MBBS or BDS) – shortlisting based on that year’s cut-off score
- Shortlisted candidates are called for an interview with the faculty of our department. Based on applicant’s performance during the interview, a merit list of admissions is generated.
Current areas of research
Some of the areas are listed here – Biodesign, biomechanics, biomaterials, biomedical instruments, biotechnology, biomedical imaging, cell and tissue engineering, computational bioengineering, drug-delivery, immuno-engineering, mechanobiology, medical electronics, neural engineering, systems biology, telemedicine, tissue engineering, and allied topics.
For more information, please check Research
Do you have questions about projects, facilities, faculty, life@IISC, or the work culture in ou department? Don’t hesitate to contact us
Faculty emails available in the individual webpage of the faculty. Here is the contact information of two BSSE students who are volunteers for familiarization program.
Mr. Rakesh Kumar Pradhan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Paras Jain – email@example.com