Phone : +91-80-22933626 (O)
Our lab focuses on using wide range of tools and concepts such as nano- and micro-particles, hydrogels, scaffolds and 3D organoids to generate treatment for diseases like Tuberculosis and Osteoarthritis. With our translational outlook, we plan to create clinically viable therapeutic options to treat such diseases.
Post-PhD: 2013-2017, Post-doctoral Fellow under Andres J. Garcia, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PhD: 2009-2013, Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Texas, USA. Dissertation title: Effect of shape on cell internalization of polymeric hydrogel nanoparticles
B.Tech and M.Tech (combined degree) – 2004-2009, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India – Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
BE203 Bioengineering Practicum I
BE204 Bioengineering Practicum II
BE210 Drug Delivery: Principles and Applications
BE214 Fundamentals of Bioengineering 2 (co-instructor)
BE206 Biology for Engineers (co-instructor)
Awards / Honours / Affiliations
- Early career editorial board member for the Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, August 2021
- Intermediate Fellowship award from the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance, July 2020
- Har Govind Khorana-Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award, Department of Biotechnology, November 2019
- Lakshmi Narayanan Young Investigator Award, Indian Institute of Science, October 2019
- Early Career Research Award, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), 2018
- Ramanujan Fellowship, Department of Science and Technology (DST), 2017
- STAR Award, Society of Biomaterials, Boston, MA, 2013
- Dravid A.A.; Dhanabalan K.M.; Naskar S.; Vashistha A.; Agarwal S.; Padhan B.; Dewani M.; Agarwal R., Sustained release resolvin D1 liposomes are effective in the treatment of Osteoarthritis in obese mice. BioRxiv. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. (2023)
- Dhanabalan K.M.; Dravid A.A.; Agarwal S.; Sharath R.K.; Padmanabhan A.K., Agarwal R., Intra-articular Injection of Rapamycin Microparticles Prevent Senescence and Effectively Treat Osteoarthritis. BioRxiv. Bioengineering and Translational Medicine. 8 (2023) e10298.
- George E.; Goswami A.; Lodhiya, T.; Padwal P.; Iyer S.; Gauttam I.; Sethi L.; Jeyasankar S.; Sharma P.S.; Mukherjee R.; Agarwal R., Immunomodulatory effect of mycobacterial outer membrane vesicles coated nanoparticles. BioRxiv. Biomaterials Advances. 139 (2022) 213003.
Media Highlights: IISc, BioSpectrum, The New Indian Express, Hindu, India Today, Phys.org.
- Sharma P.R.; Dravid A.A.; Kalapala Y.C.; Gupta V.K.; Jeyasankar S.; Goswami A.; Agarwal R., Cationic inhalable particles for enhanced drug delivery to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infected macrophages. BioRxiv. Biomaterials Advances. 133 (2022) 112612.